Banner text: Baker Signet
Regular text: Noto Serif
I designed the color palette for this site on ColourLovers.com. You can find the hex codes there.
Used with permission, or taken by me, most likely using an iPhone 5 or a Cannon Rebel XT
I like to have interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people.
- Good: Conversations. Questions. Relevant comments. Your own examples.
- Also Okay: Disagreement.
- Not Good: Cranky, irritable, disrespectful comments. They encourage heartburn and discourage participation.
You retain ownership of your comments.
By posting, you are granting me a right to use your comments.
We’ll delete comments that don’t seem to belong here.
If you provide your email address, then we may write to you. But we will never give your contact information to anybody else. Spam is evil.
Some of the links on this site are “affiliate links,” which means that I may receive a small commission if you click on the link and purchase something. (The Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising” asks for this disclosure.)
With the exception of “guest posts” written by others (once we have some), I own the content on this Web site. It is copyrighted in my name. I want to strike the appropriate balance between getting my content widely distributed while at the same time protecting my intellectual property rights. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Without My Permission
You are free to do the following without my permission:
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2013, Jeanne Farrington. Originally published at www.jfarrington.com.”
Not Without My Permission
You must have my express written consent to do any of the following:
- Use this content in for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or digital versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon this work.
Re-Posting and Translation Rights
I do not permit the re-posting of my posts in their entirety. This is because Google penalizes websites for publishing duplicate content. It often can’t tell which site hosts the original, so I risk getting penalized myself for granting permission.
In addition, I don’t allow the translation and publication of my work in other languages. I simply don’t have the resources to validate the quality of the work.
Guest bloggers retain the copyright to the posts they write. The above permission guidelines do not apply to their work. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly. I cannot serve as a broker, agent, or contact point.
If you have some use for my content that is not covered here, please email me.
Permissions policy adapted from michaelhyatt.com.